jeudi 18 août 2016

Reef Safe Epoxy making skimmer go CRAZY. Help to stop

I wanted to add a baffle to my sump, and unfortnately my sump isn't coming out of my stand, so I tried to do something that would work while not completely breaking everything down.

I have used JB Waterweld on every tank I have had, and never had an issue, BUT, this time I used it under water which it says on the package it is supposed to cure.

Last night I drained the sump, removed all of the JB waterweld I could, and it was still soft.

I then scraped as much off the sump as I could, dried the spots, and then tried to cover it with Super Glue to kinda "Seal" the remaining waterweld.

I added a large bag of Carbon, and turned the skimmer on. The skimmer filled up a 5 gallon bucket of skim (clear water) without any sign of stopping.

What Can I do / add that will neutralize / pull any of the chemicals out of the water, or do I just grab a chair and keep adding water until the skimmer get all the junk out, and hopefully, eventually, does???????????

Help, I'm desperate.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire