dimanche 21 août 2016

Tank Rescue

I have pick up a 180 as a tank rescue, it had around 200 lbs of live rock and 200 lbs of sand. When we moved it we pumped the water into a container, put the sand in buckets (4 five gallon) with the rock in brute trash cans. Once home we spent five hours cleaning sump and tank while soaking pumps and power heads in vinegar. The lighting consisted of three Chinese boxes, center has blue and white, with one side having only white an the other only blue (planning on replacing with LED, T5 Hybrid) I Have a small Maxspect Razor I have set up on the left side temporary. The only livestock are two Clowns, one Yellow Tang, one Chocolate Tang, and three little fish (wife would not let me rehome). We have set up a small clean up crew consisting of snails, and crabs, and four peppermint shrimp, tried not to go overboard on them. The rock was covered in green hair algae and aphasia which we pick off what we could during the move with very little results, and have been fighting the aphasia with Aphasia X. This leads to my question should I remove the rock and just start over and who thinks I can eventually get a handle on these pest. If I remove the rock should I cook it or nuke it with Acid and just start over. I have about fourty lbs or rock I could cure then replace the rock in the tank I know this would be a crap shoot. Any suggestion and advise will be appreciated, thanks in advance for your support and advise

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 180.Problem.jpg Views: N/A Size: 31.3 KB ID: 134250  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire