vendredi 26 août 2016

Ack! Ich!

So I recently got ich in my main display (popped up sometime this week.) Fish are all still healthy, but the pallet and powder brown displayed some significant bumps. It was not salty like it typically is, but then again the fish barely displayed any "sick" behavior (heavy breathing, panic or lack of appetite.) I'm figuring it must have come in on either some corals I didn't QT or possible (and probably) 3 small chromis I didn't QT (I had taken the QT down by then and was being lazy.)

So now, I'm preparing a long term hospital/QT to be as stress free as possible. All inhabitants are currently eating, grazing and actually look much better after upping feedings and an addition of amino acids to their food. But I'm not going to risk it. All 20 something fish will be added to the QT and the 8 week adventure of copper, amino acids, garlic and multiple per day feedings is ahead of me.

Remember kids, always QT from the beginning. It's that "eh, it will be okay this time..." will bite you in the behind sooner or later.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire