mardi 27 décembre 2016

Newbie with a 29Gal

I started my 29Gal tank 2 weeks ago. My LFS got me started and for someone new to saltwater, I just trusted everything he said. He owns the store so who else would know more about saltwater tanks than this guy.

Anyway, my 29g has a heater, a HOB Filter and lighting.

He got me started with live sand and some live rocks.
He offered me RO H2O, but thinking he was just trying to make extra $$, I asked if i can use water from my house, he saids but RO is better. I ended up using my own water thinking, the stuff that's in it, would evaporate eventually.

After doing more reading, I realize that i should have started with RO H2O.
I also read that putting Yellow Tail Damsels in on the 2nd day is cruel. My LFS said I have to get the bacteria started so I had to put some fish in, and damsels are hardy fish etc etc. So I have 3 of them.

My original plan is to have a clownfish for my son and other fish compatible with clowns.

Can I put a clown with the Damsels in there when it's fully cycled?
With a tank this size, what fish and how many can I put in there?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 29g.jpg Views: N/A Size: 84.9 KB ID: 143394  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire