vendredi 30 décembre 2016

Back In the Reef Game Need Feedback

So I have been out of the game for about 5 years now and we are finally settling into an area after traveling for so long. I purchased a used 70 gal tank that came with a aquac ev180 skimmer (no pump), danner 18b pump which is way overkill for anything I have and thinking of selling it, and a iwaki wmd-30rlxt-115 pump. All I am really missing is the heater and lights but for $200 I could not pass it up. The tank already has four 1 3/4 inch holes drilled in the back of the tank so I should have 1 inch lines coming and going. I have purchased a 20 gal long aquarium to turn into a sump. Ok so game plan is this:

1. Building a pvc bean animal style overflow system for the tank. I liked the simplicity of this design as well as the room I can save on it. The link is http://ift.tt/2hUFD5a

The system looks like it works great and does not require me to buy a bunch of acrlyic or glass to make an overflow.

2. I want to utilize the external iwaki pump to feed both my tank and my skimmer to cut down on power consumption as well as cost of buying another pump to push the skimmer. This pump is rated for 1140 gal per hour with max head of about 13' so if I am estimating right this should be enough to feed both directions.

My thoughts behind this are that this setup will free up a chamber in my limited size sump to run a fuge.

3. I really do not want to drill this 20 gallon tank and I know that everyone is going to say I really should and I get that. I have seen several plumbing techniques that allow for an up and over and should maintain the prime in case of power outage and the space under my tank is very limited so being able to do up and over would help me by being able to place the pump with some creative but not too restrictive piping.

Outside of possibly having the prime the pump from a power outage what are the other risks if any involved in piping this up and over the sump.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire