mardi 27 décembre 2016

A few basic questions

Happy Holidays!

I am a newbie reefer and my hubbie and I are having the best time already! I have a 55g tank, Penguin 350 filter with biofilter (no sump), 45lbs of dry rock and 5lbs of live rock for seeding. I used Dr. T's nitrifying bacteria for the first 7 days as well as dead shrimp before we added the 5lbs of live rock on day 10 of the cycle.

I am on day 18 of the cycle and as of today the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are finally 0. So I have a few questions....

1) Is it ok to add a couple fish (I was thinking 2 clownfish)

2) If so, should I do a water change before adding fish? I would think no, since my levels are all at 0...right?

3) When will I know it's time to add corals?

4) Speaking of water changes....any helpful tips?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire