vendredi 23 décembre 2016

Apogee SQ-520 PAR readings for Hydra 26 HD

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here on TRT. I've been lurking long enough, and I figured it's time for me to contribute something to compensate for all of the knowledge I've acquired from here.

I recently purchased the new Apogee SQ-520 par meter that's designed to more accurately read PAR from LED lights.

I'm running a Red Sea Reefer 350 (dimensions are 47" long, 21" high, 20" wide) with 2 Hydra 26 HD's. The lights are approx. 11 inches AWL evenly spaced.

If anyone has any requests for PAR measurements at specific depths, with specific settings on the hydras, please let me know and I'll gather the data for you.

For me, it turns out I was running my lights too low. I had to turn up all the blue spectrum (rb, b, v) to max (140% for rb, 116% for b, 118% for v, and 100% for uv) and whites to 60%, green and red to 24%. This gave me the ideal PAR measurements for an sps/lps dominated tank. I used the measurements by Vivid Aquariums for reference. They've recently released a video using the exact same PAR meter for their 800 gallon system. Running the lights shown above gives me an average of 180-340 for the upper parts of the tank, and 100-150 for the sandbed / lower levels.

Please send your requests and I'll see what I can do!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire