mardi 26 juin 2018

growths on crab- normal?

Sorry for the bad picture but its the best I could do.
I have had this (i believe female) emerald green crab for about 5 months now.

Didn't realize when I bought her that she was missing a claw- was guaranteed it would grow back - never has even though my cleaner shrimp has molted 5 or6 times in as many months.

Anyway this weekend I was doing a water change and she happened to come out of hiding and I saw all these long filament growths on the primary leg on the side missing the claw.

they are very xenomorph looking. I can't seem to find anything similar on google.

Should I be worried? is it contagious and I should cull her immediately?

please advise
thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: weird crab growths.jpg Views: N/A Size: 61.8 KB ID: 179562  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire