lundi 18 juin 2018

Dyi 150 gal tank stand

So started planning my stand build on my 72” long tank and ran into a question already. I have looked at all of the dyi stand threads on trt but didn’t find a answer yet.
At this moment I’m thinking about using a 75 gal tank as a sump whenever petco puts them on sale again, think it was just under or over $100. So sump would be 48” long
The tank is 20” deep so was thinking about making the stand 24” deep to allow room for the plumbing and still have the stand against the wall. Well I don’t see me being able to slide the 75 gal tank in from the side so that leaves the front which is plenty big IF there’s no center braces..... and that’s my question can I get away with my front being supposted only with the two legs 72” apart? Now I’ll throw a few braces in the back but if I put any in the front I’ll have no way of removing the sump tank ever....

Plan on building the frame something like this guy did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4Y9AYuwcQ&sns=em

Also should I suck it up and use pressure treated wood ?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire