mercredi 6 juin 2018

First saltwater setup

Alrighty so here's where I'm at, sorry for the novel, I'm a long winded person :P

I have had a 10g freshwater setup for about 18 months now. I originally wanted to just jump into a saltwater setup, but after doing research and took into account my zero experience, low budget and minimal space for tank, I realized it was best to get started with a small freshy setup.

Now I've moved, have more space and a reasonable budget to give a saltwater tank a shot.

I've purchased a 37 gallon tall tank, what are thoughts on this size? Obviously bigger is better, but I'm restricted in my width of the tank to just about 3 feet. That being said, will a 37 gallon tank be challenging to start with? I've read that larger tanks can be easier for starters because problems dont manifest as quickly. Is a 37 gallon tank considered "small" and will it limit me severely or is it big enough to have a decent variety of fish? Not looking for anything crazy for the starter.

I know I probably need 2/3 live rocks, and some live sand and many more things. Other than a filter, what other equipment do I need to start cycling? I have a full test kit already.

Any advice or tips to get going?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire